Thursday 3 January 2013

Aspiring Bruneian poet departs for workshop in Indonesia


✽ “AN ASPIRING local poet departed for Jakarta, Indonesia as she was invited to attend a Malay theatre workshop and poetry reading during the new year.

Hjh Karmila (Kris) Hj Sapar (pictured) during an exclusive interview with The Brunei Times, commented about the state of poetry in the nation.

According to Karmila, the public still practice poetry as an art form and stressed the need for it to be preserved because it is part of the Malay culture.”

✽ “"I instil universal themes to my poetry and usually would compose my own music that goes with it. Depending on the theme, I will write my script from scratch and discuss with the musician to play the music live while I am singing/reciting poetry."

Karmila is one of the 50 individuals selected across the Southeast Asian region to gain new knowledge of poetry artistry through the writing and reading workshop, which will be conducted by one of her idols, Asrizal Nur, a professional Indonesian poet at Anjungan Riau, Taman Mini Indonesia Indah Jakarta, at the Indonesian capital.”

No comments:

Post a Comment